Disclaimer: Devoted Grandma is reader-supported. If you purchase anything through my site, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you). Thank you.
Do your grandkids love French toast? Who doesn’t! Well, with this recipe, you can take it to the next level by stuffing it with delicious fillings like fruit and cream cheese! Here’s a twist on the classic breakfast dish…
- Thick slices of bread (such as brioche or challah)
- Vanilla extract
- Filling of your choice (such as sliced bananas, cream cheese, or jam)
- Cut a pocket into each slice of bread, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff the pockets with your desired filling.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt a bit of butter in the pan.
- Dip each stuffed slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure it’s well coated on both sides.
- Place the bread in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, flipping once to cook both sides.
- Serve the stuffed French toast hot, topped with additional fruit or toppings as desired.
It’s as simple as that! Now you know how to spice up breakfast the next time you have the grandchildren over for a sleepover. 🙂