Disclaimer: Devoted Grandma is reader-supported. If you purchase anything through my site, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you). Thank you.
Make breakfast extra special with these Playful Polka Dot Pancakes! Your grandkids will love creating whimsical pancake designs using naturally colorful fruit!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
- Assorted berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, and melted coconut oil or butter.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Have your grandkids create playful polka dot patterns with the berries on the pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve your Playful Polka Dot Pancakes with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, and watch your grandkids’ faces light up with delight!
Make mornings colorful and exciting and get those grandkids off on the right foot with this fun twist on the breakfast staple! 🙂