Disclaimer: Devoted Grandma is reader-supported. If you purchase anything through my site, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you). It helps keep the site alive, so thank you.
Who doesn’t love to see the world through the eyes of their grandkids? It’s a magical universe filled with dreams, hopes, and boundless energy. As grandparents, we have a unique opportunity to connect with our grandkids on a deep and personal level. Not only can we pass on our wisdom, but we can also learn so much from their fresh perspective on life.
One of the best ways to nurture this bond is by understanding their dreams and aspirations. It gives us a chance to provide the right kind of guidance, encouragement, and love. Moreover, these conversations are the stepping stones towards building a relationship of trust, mutual respect, and, most importantly, endless fun. So, are you ready to take a leap into the beautiful world of your grandkids’ dreams? Let’s dive right in!
For Toddlers (2-4 years)
- If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why?
- What’s the biggest castle you can imagine?
- Can you tell me what you dreamt about last night?
- If you could fly anywhere right now, where would you go?
- What would you do if you found a magic wand?
For Pre-schoolers (5-7 years)
- If you could make any toy come to life, which one would it be and why?
- Who is your superhero and what would you do if you had their powers for a day?
- What is your happiest dream?
- If you were a king/queen, what rules would you make?
- Can you tell me about your dream birthday party?
For School Age (8-12 years)
- If you could invent something new, what would it be and why?
- What do you want to be when you grow up and why?
- If you could visit any planet, which one would it be and why?
- Tell me about a dream that you wish would come true?
- What would your dream school look like?
For Teens (13-17 years)
- What’s the most amazing place you would like to travel to someday?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What kind of person do you aspire to be when you’re older?
- Can you name a dream that you are most passionate about?
- What’s a goal you have for the next year?
For Young Adults (18-21 years)
- How do you envision your perfect job?
- If you could start your own business, what would it be and why?
- What kind of skills would you like to master?
- What would your dream house look like?
- How do you want to make a difference in the world?
Let’s continue the exploration with more universal questions that suit grandkids of all ages.
- What’s the most exciting adventure you can imagine?
- If you could meet any person in the world, who would it be and why?
- How would you spend a perfect day?
- If you could have any magical power, what would it be and why?
- What is something you dream of learning one day?
- Can you describe your dream pet?
- If you could invent a new flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
- If you had a time machine, where and when would you go?
- Can you describe a dream you have about your future family?
- If you could create a new holiday, what would it be about?
- What is the funniest dream you’ve ever had?
- If you could make a movie about your dream life, what would it be like?
- What’s a dream you have that involves our whole family?
- Can you describe a world where your biggest dream has come true?
- If you were the author of a book, what would it be about?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- What’s a dream you have for your health and wellness?
- If you could discover a new species, what would it be like?
- What is your dream for your closest friendships?
- If you could live in any fictional world, where would you choose?
- What’s a dream you have about making someone else’s life better?
- If you could magically become an expert in any subject, what would it be?
There you have it! A treasure trove of insightful questions to ask your grandkids about their dreams. These conversations can become the golden threads that connect generations. They provide a deeper understanding of their aspirations, helping you guide them gently towards realizing their dreams. Plus, they’re an excellent way to create shared memories. You’ll be surprised at how much you will learn about your grandkids – and about yourself! So, make every moment count. After all, time spent with grandkids is time very well spent. Happy bonding!