Disclaimer: Devoted Grandma is reader-supported. If you purchase anything through my site, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you). Thank you.
Introduce your grandkids to the world of plant-based cuisine with these Jumbo Jackfruit Tacos! Packed with flavor and nutrition, these unique tacos will make a fun and satisfying meal for the whole family!
- 2 cans (20 oz each) young green jackfruit in brine, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: avocado, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, and cilantro
- Shred the jackfruit using your fingers or two forks.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until softened.
- Add the shredded jackfruit, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the jackfruit mixture for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the jackfruit is tender.
- Warm the corn tortillas in a skillet or microwave.
- Fill the tortillas with the jackfruit mixture and have your grandkids add their favorite toppings.
- Serve your Jumbo Jackfruit Tacos and enjoy this plant-based fiesta with your grandkids!
Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot more interesting! Redefine what your grandchildren think of tacos with this tropical recipe. 🙂